Friday, February 6, 2009

Huh? Moment


So, I just watched the first performance of Joaquin Phoenix's new rap career. Joaquin Phoenix is one of my favorite actors and I was greatly saddened when he decided to give up his acting career for music. On the other hand, I loved the movie Walk the Line and so I thought he could pull of a music career as maybe a country-ish singer. I was willing to be open to the idea. But a rap career? Ok, so I had to force myself to be even more open to that idea. After watching his performance, I am on the fence about the whole situation. The beats sounded cool, but Joaquin's posture and swagger as a rapper were so off (not to mention his neanderthal look with the scraggly beard)! Plus, maybe it was just the sound quality on the video and I would have had to be there, but I could not understand a word he was saying. Yet, when I closed my eyes he did not sound half bad. I just don't know what to think of it at this moment and I am kind of hoping it is a hoax for a his documentary. If not, I can't wait till his album comes out in order to really judge his music. Take a listen for yourself:

No comments: