Monday, February 23, 2009

"Brand New Flava In Your Ear"

Once again, I have some new music coming at ya:

1) Melinda Doolittle- It's Your Love

Remember her from American Idol Season 6? The one she should have won, but foolishly got kicked off of (instead, Jordin Sparks won)! Well, after a few years, Melinda is finally releasing her first album, Coming Back to You. Her first single, "It's Your Love," definitely take me back to the days of classic soul in the 60s with the likes of Aretha Franklin and Tina Turner. If Melinda was around then, she would have definitely been a legend because her voice is so powerful and amazing! Plus, her sweet, humble and shy nature when she is not performing is an added bonus and she blows me away even more when she does perform with such confidence! People need to check her out; one of the best out there right now!



2) The Killers- Spaceman

The Killers are back with their second single, "Spaceman," and I love it! It's so catchy; I can't get it out of my head! Not only is it catchy, but it also has great lyrics! I love when an artist can have great lyrics with a great melody. Every song they do just comes out great! Just shows how great the band is!



3) Sam Sparro- Black and Gold

He threw me off guard the first time I saw him in the video and heard his voice. His voice did not match his looks. Still, he sounds pretty good and the songs stuck in my head. If he continues like this, he will be up there with Robin Thicke in my RnB list.



4) The Tings Tings- That's Not My Name

I love the drums and rhythm on this song! Also, I can't stop singing the chorus. The Tings Tings are different than most other bands and that's why I like them!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay melinda. and yay spaceman. thats the best song on their cd. unfortunately the rest of it is not so good...
did you see the oscars? i loved the little indian kids on stage. they were so cute and seemed so happy.