Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Brand New Flava In Your Ear"

Here is some new music for this week!

1) Solange Knowles- T.O.N.Y.

This is one of my favorite songs on her album and I am so glad she made a video for it! From the video, I guess this song is about her ex who got her pregnant. Ouch! Even more wonderful is that Cee-lo from Gnarls Barkley makes a cameo! That made my day! Solange has found her music style and it fits her perfectly. I love how she has fashioned her music and fashion off of classic 60s RnB style! Also, I hate to admit it, but I like her a little more than Beyonce now because she is a little more soulful and real.



2)Maysa- Never Really Ever

Her smooth vocals reminds me of a mix between Anita Baker and Sade from the 80s. I can not stop listening to it! Now all I need is to find a guy to slow dance to this with, preferably Joe Jonas :) !



3) Derek McKeith- Can't Get Enough

His mix of RnB, Rock and Funk brings back the days of Prince and Lenny Kravitz. Plus, he is hot without a shirt on (just saying)! He is absolutely worth checking out more!



4) Robin Thicke- Dreamworld

Robin Thicke can do no wrong! With every song, he seems to get better and better! I love his voice; it is laidback yet still soulful with a tinge of rock. The arrangement and the lyrics are beautifully done. Also, the lyrics reminds me of "Imagine" by John Lennon because he dreams of a world where there is no hate, but love.

No comments: