Monday, March 2, 2009

"The Best Way to View a Concert: IN 3D" The Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Experience Review


I know many of you will hate me or laugh at me for seeing this, but I could care less!!!!! FYI, the Beatles had corny pop songs when they first came out that I know you love, e.g., "I Wanna Hold Your Hand." Ok, let's get on with the review!

It was the concert experience that I did not want to end! The exciting Jonas Brother's 3D Concert experience was so in my face that I could see the chest hairs on Kevin (and yes, Kevin, the oldest one, has chest hairs!). For those of you, like me, who can not afford or have the time to go to a concert, it is the next best thing! Following Big Rob bum rushing into their hotel rooms and waking up, at 4:30 in the morning (Wow!!), the three sleepy and grumpy brothers (especially Joe, who he had to drag and hit with a pillow) and the big chase scene involving hundreds of girls, the concert began. The concert performances list goes as follows:

That's Just The Way We Roll- The guys enter in on a huge scaffold that rises above the crowd
Hold On
BB Good
Goddnight and Goodbye (one of my favorite JoBros songs)- I was amazed by the number of acrobatic flips they could do! I wish I could do that!
Video Girl
Gotta Find You
This Is Me w/ Demi Lovato - Demi's cute as usual and has a great voice!!
Hello Beautiful- JoBros end up rising above the crowds again on three tall pedestals.
Still in Love with You
Pushin' Me Away
Should've Said No w/ Taylor Swift- The only song from Taylor Swift that I like and performing it with the brothers made it so much better! Ha Ha Ha!
S.O.S.
Burnin' Up- Joe and Kevin beating on drums with water on top of them and in 3D, the water splashing upward was so cool!
Love Is On Its Way- This was actually a video that was shot in Central Park and showed several couples walking together in the park. Also it had some funny clips of Joe as a traffic cop, Nick as a horse carriage driver and Kevin as a hot dog seller.
Tonight

The documentary footage in between the performances were just as interesting. Which one I liked the most. Since I love Joe so much, the backstage part where he takes of his shirt was perfect. My mouth was agape for that entire scene as he continued by taking off his belt. I was hoping he would continue but he realized the camera was on! Boo hoo!!!

Other scenes involved showing us fanatical fans (Thank God that I am not as crazy as them; I just obsess over them in my own little quiet way :) ), imitators called the Fake Jonas Brothers (wow, they are so big that people are copying them), rehearsals and backstage for their concerts (which included Joe balancing a baseball bat on his face) and the JoBros being the first to buy their third CD at midnight.

Joe looked like a young Mick Jagger, Kevin provided the comedic element and Nick was the music professional (saying it with an accent!). From guitar picks, to microphones, to fans' hands, everything was flying at you and scare the crap out of you, but in a good way.

Watching the concert was definitely like an roller-coaster ride from start to finish! The concert was worth seeing, but I just wished it was not as short as it was because it felt a little rushed. Now, all the Jonas Brothers have to do is get away from Disney in order to show their true potential, since I can see them as greater than they are now!

3.5 out of 5


Love Is On It's Way (It reminds me of a lighter version of a mix between Death Cab for Cutie's "Follow You Into the Dark," John Lennon's "Imagine" and "What the World Needs Now is Love.")

No comments: