Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Black Music Month #10: Happy Birthday Tupac!






























Happy Birthday Tupac!

When Tupac died, I was only six years old, so I was too young to listen to and understand who he was. The first song that introduced me to him was "Thugz Mansion" with Nas in 2002. So, I was lucky enough to be introduced to the sensitive and angelic side before I even knew about some of his problems with violence and other demons. Tupac, to me, was and still is the representation of what humanity is to me, which is complex; he was a man of contradictions. We all have our bad traits or problems that are often created by the conditions we live or as he said the "struggle," but that does not mean there is not a good soul inside trying to get out. I could hear that in a lot of his songs. He truly was a beautiful person, inside and out, even when others tried to completely dehumanize him. An rapper, an actor, a poet, a black panther's son, and a revolutionary in the making who was taken from us too soon. We love you Tupac and we will miss you.

Thugz Mansion



Gotta Keep Your Head Up



I Ain't Mad At Cha



Dear Mama

No comments:

Blog Archive