Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Brand New Flava In Your Ear"

New music coming your way! Watch out:

1) Kelly Clarkson- I Do Not Hook Up

What is it about Kelly Clarkson's songs that make me hate them in the beginning and then a few weeks later, love them. "I Do Not Hook Up" is a fun, rocking song and it has a good message: girls, do not be easy and lower your standards for any guy because you are better than that. The video is actually funny, mainly because Kelly looks like a dork when she is trying to be sexy. Now I cannot get it out of my head!



2) Incubus- Black Heart Inertia

Simply, awesome song and awesome video! Making fun of celebrity egoism has never looked so good (Brandon is cute!)! Plus, the lyrics create a poetic love song, but that is the usual with Incubus. Go, Incubus!



3) Taurus Riley - Start Anew

After I heard "She's Royal," I fell in love with Mr. Riley. With "Start Anew," I love him even more. This song is telling women in abusive relationships to respect themselves and leave their men (although, they are boys) because it is not really love. The reason why Tarrus Riley is so great is that in his song he displays a lot of respect for woman and that always makes a man so much more appealing.



4) U2 - Magnificent

This song brings back the old U2 that I was missing; it is very inspiring and beautiful. U2 proves again why they are still on top and again why "love is magnificent" because it creates music like this.



5) Parachute - She is Love

Several months ago, I came across a group named Sparky's Flaw and heard some of their songs. I thought they were amazing. Then a few weeks ago, I came across a Nivea commercial playing the song "She is Love." Come to find out that the group that was once Sparky's Flaw is now Parachute. Even with the name change, I still think they are great and the song is lovely (haha).
Check them out tomorrow on my "Who's That..." Artists of the Day.



Official Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghhivSh1hSc

6) Jonas Brothers- Paranoid

I know, I know. But I cannot help it, it is the JONAS BROTHERS! So, I'll keep it short. "Paranoid" is not as corny as their previous songs, it is as cathcy as "Burning Up," and both the song and video show that the brothers are growing up. Ok, bye.



7) Nickelback - If Today Was Your Last Day

Once again, Nickelback is one of the few mainstream rock bands to have thought-provoking, inspiring, and positive lyrics. At times they seem a little too sentimental, but they are good for the soul.

No comments: