Monday, July 6, 2009

"Brand New Flava In Your Ear"

Needing something new to listen to...Here you go!


1) Amerie - Why R U

Amerie has always been one of my favorite singers. However, the beat for this song is the best part of the song. Including the chorus, there are too many awkward parts in the song that do not fit well together (the hook is the best). But I still love her as a singer, especially with her older songs.



2) Letoya Luckett - Not Anymore

Doing the 60s and 70s vibe in songs and videos appeals to my heart. The song does the same. Letoya should have gone solo sooner after she left Destiny's Child and she deserves to be bigger than she is now.



3) Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again

I cannot get this song out of my head. It sounds like a hybrid of Kelly Clarkson and Katy Perry's song "Waking Up in Vegas" (one of the few songs I like from her). She is a strong singer who will go far in the future and the performance video is cool. However, the lead guy in the video is definitely not a match for her. P.S. Is it just me or does Demi have a lot of relationship problems? Just saying!



4) Drake- Best I Ever Had (clean version)

For some reason, I like the clean version better. It lets me concentrate on the lyrics not the curses, which are distracting. Listening to it, I realize the Drake is a really clever and skillful rapper. Also, the song is very catchy. However, the video is really stupid! If there was suppose to be a deeper meaning with this, it is not apparent with the jiggling boobs and butts. Unless the girls losing in the end meant something. Still, once again portraying girls with their boobs and butts half-out (I doubt girls wear those outfits in real sports) for a majority of the video dies not prove the point (especially with guys around)!



5) The Foreign Exchange ft. Darien Brockington - Take Off the Blues

I love the song! If I had a man, I would be grooving to this song with him. But since I do not have one, I'll just groove by myself. Once again, this is what real music is from the soulful singing to the silky saxophone (yeah, alliteration). The plus is that the lead girl in the video has locs, like me!



6) Jeremiah - Birthday Sex

I finally decided to put this song on here even though I did not want to. Again, the whole autotune trend is getting on my nerves! This song sounds like a computer on the fritz! If you cannot sing, autotune does not make your voice any better. But if you can sing, why not use your real voice the way it really sounds! It just sounds so unnatural.

No comments: