Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Brand New Flava In Your Ear"

It's time for some new music!

1) Maxwell- Pretty Wings

After five years away from music, Maxwell is back and he is as good as the day he left. As usual, Maxwell's voice and the song are smooth, soulful, beautiful and sexy. I wish I was one of those girls in the video, so he could sing to me. If I was the girl from the doomed relationship, I would immediately crawl back to him after hearing this song.



2) Franz Ferdinand - No, You Girls

Why do some artists have a really bad or "just ok" first single and then a really great second single. After I heard "Ulysses," I thought Franz Ferninand were a bit off. Now, with "No You Girls," their back in their groove. The songand video are catchy and "HOT!" in a classy way.



3) Corneille - Back to Life

He is a German-born Rwandan who has a Canadian passport and sings in French and English (huh?). But do not be distracted by those details, he is a wonderful singer and this song proves it. He definitely on the same level with other Neo-soul singers, like previously mentioned Maxwell and D'angelo. This is such a lovely song; I want him to sing this to me. I could listen to it all day, specifically with a cute guy. Any takers?



4) Amy Lavere- Killing Him

The lyrics to this song makes me think the wife who killed her husband is crazy, but Amy Lavere soft vocals is so soothing that I forget how tragic this song is. I love how the song is, as I call it, like "Boho Jazz/Soul." Its jazzy and swinging, but at the same time laidback. A good song to just sit back, bop your head and tap your feet to it.



5) Oren Lavie - Her Morning Elegance

What is great about this song? It is tender, relaxing and has touching lyrics. I would easily either fall asleep to it or wake up happily to it. But what makes it great is the stop-motion video. For some reason (like with several other songs), it sounds better as I watch the video; it is just so cool.



6) Ida Maria - I Like You So Much Better When You're... (you'll find out the rest!)

This is so hilarious! It is so catchy and dirty at the same time. One of my new guilty pleasures to sing, mainly because that is what I want the cute guys of the world to do (ha, ha!). Does the video look familiar? Well, it is the same director who did the Franz Ferdinand video "Take Me Out."



Official video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cySmUjQB05I

No comments: