Saturday, February 6, 2010

"Brand New Flava In Your Ear"

I have not done this in a while, but there have been some videos I have been wanting to put here. So here I go:

1) JLS - Everybody in Love

Despite all his bluntness, Simon Cowell knows how to pick them. These guys are gorgeous in looks and voices; plus this is such a feel good song that will warm you up during the winter! Happy early Valentine's Day!!



2) Gavin - Good as Gold

She sounds like a "chipmunked" version of Lenka and although I usually do not like voices that are that high and babyish sounding, for Gavin it works! The song is adorably soulful!



3) Jay-z feat. Mr. Hudson - Forever Young

For those who think Jay-z is part of the Illuminati with his "Onto the Next One" video, here is an alternative. In contrast, this song is so positive, uplifting and unifying. Jay-z has definitely grown up, but guess what, the "Onto the Next One" Jay-z is what most people are probably expecting from him, not this side of him. I want more songs like this from Jay.



4)Chris Brown- Crawl

I know, I know. But I cannot help it, the song is nice. The lyrics, music and his voice work well together. I can separate talent from personal life most of the time. *sidenote: I still do not like Cassie's hairdo!



5) Janet Jackson - Make Me

I love the 80's vibe on this song and Janet is looking as young as ever (and just as adorable LOL)! However, she does to need wear outfits that allow her to move, especialy if she wants someone to make her move!



6) David Banner w/ 9th Wonder and Heather Victoria

Speaking of another rapper who has grown up. With a great beat by 9th wonder and a great message by Banner and Victoria, this should get more attention (but it probably won't in this industry).



7) Gil Scott Heron - Me and the Devil

Legendary Mr. Heron remaking a classic by the legendary Robert Johnson! A match of a lifetime!





8) Lupe Fiasco - I'm Beamin'

The content, his wordplay, the hook...do I need to say more as to why I love Lupe and think he is one of the best rappers right now!



9) Nneka - Heartbeat

Ok, I found out that Perez Hilton likes her (I do not know if I am creeped out by this yet). Anyways, I have been listening to this woman for a few months and I too have fallen for this girl, her message and her music. Already people are comparing her to Lauryn Hill and I think she is getting there. Just listen to her mixtape: http://www.jperiod.com/nneka/



10) The Gorillaz feat Mos Def and Bobby Womack- Stylo

The Gorillaz are back! Finally!! I cannot get stop listening to the beat and having Mos Def and Bobby Womack on this record boosted them up 1000 times with me!



11) Andreya Triana - Lost Where I Belong

Why does the UK always find a way to make me happy?! Here is another artists I have fallen for vocally. Everything about this song is soulful and beautiful.



12) The Foreign Exchange - I Wanna Know

Speaking of beautiful songs...This is the group that should have won the Alternative/Urban Grammy award. It is way better than most of the R&B trash out there at the moment. Also, I am loving seeing the loced sisters in the video!



13) Corinne Bailey Rae - I''l Do It All Again

Another returnee, Ms. Corinne Bailey Rae. After, the unexpected and sad death of her husband, she took a break. Now, Corinne is back with another one of her precious songs. This song actually makes me want to cry.



14) Lalah Hathaway w/ Eric Roberson - Where Do We Go From Here

Aww, star-crossed lovers!!! Thank you Lalah and Eric for making a bad situation sound so good!!



15) The Noisettes - Saturday Night

I saw a picture of from this video and wondered what is what about. Now I know and I am happy! I like the video concept and this is one of my favorites off the album (heck they are all my favorite at one point or another).



16) Sade - Soldier of Love

Sade never fails to deliver. Just like any of her other hits, this one is a classic! Her voice is classic!




Bonus:

Eric Roberson - H1N1

Just because it is so cleverly funny!

No comments: