Monday, January 11, 2010

Rocumentaries: My Man, Sam

Hey guys! After a long period of absence (I blame school and finals), I am back! To start of the new year, I will give you a preview of the long awaited documentary about Sam Cooke, Crossing Over, which will be premiering tonight on PBS at 9 p.m. (or Wednesday at 3:30 a.m.). It has been over 45 years since Sam Cooke was fatally shit, but he still lives on as one of the founders of Soul music and one of my favorite singers of all time. Even his song " A Change is Gonna Come" was a theme song for the recent Presidential campaign and election of Barack Obama. Since the documentary took 12 years to complete, it is also a memorial for artists like James Brown, Billy Preston and Lou Rawls, who were interviewed for it. So, I hope you enjoy this because I know I will and keep a look out for my tribute to Sam on his birthday, January 22nd.



For more on it, check out an article on the documentary at Soul Bounce:

http://ow.ly/16jCqk

No comments: