Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"Brand New Flava In Your Ear"

I know it has been a while, but it is time again for some new music!

1) Friendly Fires - Skeleton Boy: This song is funky! I cannot stop dancing! Ed Macfarlane's voice fits perfectly with the beat. And the video is simple but memorable; black background and they turn into skeletons!



2) Keri Hilson w/ Kanye West and Ne-yo - Knocks U Down: Once again, Keri Hilson proves that she cannot make a hit record on her own. She was great on Timbaland's song "The Way I Are." I liked her song "Energy," but it was not a hit. Her other song "Turning Me On" turned me off. It is a good song. If Kanye West was not on it, it would have probably been better (he is distracting). But if you ignore Kanye, Keri and Ne-yo's parts are good.

Official Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjpcMlRtTo



3) Busta Rhymes w/ T-Pain- Hustler's Anthem: Busta is back to his old self! This is the extremely playful and colorful guy I missed. The song reminds me of his earlier hit "Woo Hah." As several times before, his video that makes me think I am on an acid trip (AWESOME!). Plus, T-pain's teeth look like he has not brushed them in ten years. All in all, this should definitely be another smash for Busta.



4) Silversun Pickups- Panic Switch: Ever since I saw the music video "Little Lover So Polite," which Joaquin Phoenix directed (Woohoo!), I fell in love with Silversun Pickups. Now, with another video on this list that makes me think I am on an acid trip, Brian Aubert's whispery and eerie voice goes well with the driving and hard-hitting music. Great song!

No comments: