Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Brand New Flava In Your Ear"

I know you have not seen this in a while, but it is back today with some "feel good" music!

Michael Franti & Spearhead: Say Hey

I love songs that make me smile and this is definitely one of them. Every time I listen to this song, it reminds me of "Don't Worry, Be Happy" by Bobby Mcferrin.



Michael Buble - Haven't Met You Yet

Speaking of songs that make me smile, Michael Buble proves once again how adorable and sweet he sounds and why when I listen to him, I think of a sentimental (at times mushy) Broadway musical. Watching the video only confirms what I've just said! Haha!



Georgia Anne Muldrow- Runaway

Three times a charm! A very uplifting song! Another reason why I love Neo-soul; it can be so positive, take you back to the days when music was so good and show you that music still has the potential to be that good.



Bebe and Cece Winans - Close to You

Okay, maybe four times! Anyway you interpret this song, whether for spiritual reasons or for love between two people, it is a beautiful, angelic song. If you are wondering why Bebe and Cece are on top of the charts, just listen to the song.



Ghostface Killah feat. Raheem Devaughn - Baby

Forget it, they all make me smile! When I heard this on a commercial, I was hooked immediately. Yes, I usually do not like songs that use auto-tune today (because it has been overdone), but with this song, it works! Plus, it is such a treat to see a man treat his lady and his unborn baby with such respect and love in lyrics and video.



Official Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV9-1twL1HU

Q-tip feat. Norah Jones - Life is Better

Q-tip and Norah Jones together on the same track equal creative bliss! If any of you had a bad impression of Hip-hop, you should definitely listen to this song! This is real Hip-hop to me!



Calvin Richardson - Woman's Got to Have It

Another "feel good" song! Covering Bobby Womack's classic song, Calvin would make any girl swoon for him. He should be the epitome of what R&B should sound like today, but sadly it won't be because many people don't want natural, real, soulful and positivity in mainstream R&B and Hip-hop.



N'Dambi - Can't Hardly Wait

This girl, from her hair to her voice, is so funky and beautiful! I could groove to this song all day! One day, I hope she and other artists like her get the full recognition they deserve.



Mary J. Blige feat. Drake - The One

I cannot help but dance to this! This song is for all the confident, self-assured, independent women out there! Only one problem, Drake needs to get off the track! He is too distracting and his rap did not fit with the flow of the song.



Melanie Fiona - It Kills Me

When Melanie came out with her first song, I thought she was good, but when I heard this song, I upgraded my thought to amazing. Her voice and the music brings me back to the R&B singers of the 90s, when it still had life in the mainstream. Real talent should not need much else to prove that it is good!

No comments: